- Finance Analyst
- 3 month contract with possible extension
- North Sydney Location
This position will have responsibility for supporting the Commercial Finance Manager and the focus of the role is to proactively assist in the management of the financial issues of the project as they arise and to provide high quality analytical support to the project team.
The focus of this role:
- Preparation of all General Journal Inputs for Month End Reporting
- Review the accuracy and completeness of the offshore Tagging exercise.
- Update Transit model with monthly transactions
- Assist with the preparation of Capex calculations for the various planning cycles - Budget, RF's and IOP
- Assist in preparation of quarterly funding submissions
- Escalation point for all Transit funding matters not able to be managed by the Central Accounting team
- Ensure sufficient and accurate details are captured in Oracle to enable the Project to be properly reported in the Fixed Assets Register.
- Providing relevant reporting and analysis as requested to key stakeholders
- Provision and maintenance of financial modelling to enable what-if analysis based on multiple cost drivers.
- Reviewing current processes, looking for continuous improvements
Knowledge & Experience required:
- Experience with large capital / complex projects
- Excellent communication skills & ability to interface at all levels within the organisation
- Solid understanding of financial accounting standards
- Experience with creation of financial models or at least exposure to maintaining financial models. Strong Excel skills.
- Experience in using fully integrated ERP software (preferably Oracle ERP)
- Experience in using projects software (preferably Oracle Projects)