Your role is to advance the organisation's ability to simulate blood flow and develop patient-specific hemodynamic measurements using large scale datasets. The role involves hands-on data analysis and processing, research, design and development of computational fluid dynamics algorithms. The role entails significant engagement with the technical team and management to understand needs and work collaboratively within a small specialist team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop biomedical flow engine to assist medical diagnosis
- Generate and process 3D meshes from point clouds and 2D polygons as a pre-process to flow analysis
- Develop and run flow simulations using computational fluid dynamics models
- Investigate fluid structure interaction between geometric models and calculated fluid flow
A post graduate qualification, preferably PhD, in a relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research) with 5+ years experience
Advanced understanding of computational fluid dynamics, including:
- Laminar vs turbulent flow.
- FEM and FVM to solve complex flow calculations
- Difference between explicit and implicit boundary conditions
- 5+ years CFD development using current software packages (OpenFoam, Dassault or Ansys)
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Relevant coding experience