This is an exiting time to join a growing company. They are very unique in what they do and have a very strong track record in growth whilst disrupting the market with their innovative software.
Aside from strong technical skills including hands-on coding ability, you will have a deep understanding of architecture and an ability to foresee and plan for changes.
You'll get to use your deep technical skills to help guide and mentor other developers, product managers and senior managers, ensuring the team understands the vision, is on-board with it, and is moving towards achieving the product's ongoing goals.
With the rapidly changing software industry, you'll also be constantly learning and improving your own skills and knowledge, which will ultimately help to grow our teams and products.
What skills you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience designing, building and shipping software
- Experience building services from the ground up - from gathering requirements, design, build, deploy and ownership.
- Experience with .NET or willingness to learn if from a Java background
- Fluency in any one database technology (e.g. RDBMS like Oracle or Postgres and/or NoSQL like CosmosDB or Cassandra)
- You'll have proven experience across the board with a strong depth of knowledge in the following technologies: standard front-end technologies like modern HTML, CSS, [Java|Type]Script (we use Angular, but experience with React and/or Vue.js will be considered ).
- Experience with Azure/AWS Infrastructure and Microservices.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- A deep passion for software engineering and getting stuff done using pragmatic approaches to iterate towards solutions for hard problems.
- Proven understanding of application performance, and designing low latency, high-speed http applications.
- Experience in technically leading large features, services or changes in a product.
- Working well in a team, and willingness to mentor more junior developers via tech design reviews, code reviews, etc.
- Excited by the opportunities that a Cloud world presents for our users, and keen to make a difference by embracing the best Cloud practices and tooling for engineers, and sharing this knowledge and excitement with other developers / open source community.
- Relational databases - we use PostgreSQL
- Large scale distributed systems and event-driven architectures
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Familiarity with other programming languages and frameworks, such as Node.js, F#, Java, and Go
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies - we use scrum
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
You will need full Australian working rights to be eligible.
Contact Ged Wilson for more information