Senior Business Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Business Analyst|
|Salary:||$850 per day|
|Contact Name:||Andy Helsby|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2020 16:13|
Business Analyst (Finance & Reporting)
Start date: ASAP
Working as a member of the Strategic Program Delivery team in Strategic Finance and Procurement. This specific team is a project team to assist with gathering documentation to analyse business needs and requirements. Knowledge of SAP would be beneficial.
Work Location: Parramatta, NSW, 2150
The Business Analyst undertakes analysis of existing business processes and information capture and sharing needs, to identify opportunities for innovation, efficiency and improved outcomes.
The position is involved in the design or modification of business systems or IT systems. The analyst interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs. The analyst gathers, documents, and analyses business needs and requirements.
* Analyse business processes to identify opportunities for greater efficiency and innovation.
* Undertake qualitative and quantitative research to provide evidence and support business change and innovation priorities.
* Draft specifications and business cases needed to inform and justify resource management strategy and account for expected benefits and benefit realisation.
* Build and maintain key relationships with users, and stakeholders to understand and work collaboratively to resolve issues.
* Prepare test plans, co-ordinate and undertake system testing and associated reporting.
* Manage projects and associated governance and reporting requirements.
* Develop and maintain online learning materials and other online content.
* Meet with stakeholders to understand their business needs and ultimately their business requirements.
* Run workshops as part of requirements gathering activities.
* Document the requirements in an objective, clear and meaningful format.
* Translate the business requirements into a language that delivery teams can interpret. Clarify any requirements to developers and testers on the project.
* Raise any risks that may impact the requirements on a project.
* Facilitate the requirements review and approval process.
* Provide delivery time based estimates to the project management team for requirements deliverables.
* Provide input to test cases and perform user acceptance testing where required.
* Develop, update, implement and maintain procedures and online learning materials.
* Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of project and reporting tasks.
* Strong financial systems accounting experience with a particular focus on general ledgers (SAP and Ellipse desirable).
* Strong knowledge of SAP architecture and design
* Business analysis skills (requirements gathering, data mapping, UAT testing etc.)
* Knowledge of general IT control environments of financial systems.
* Experience in project management and data governance methodologies (desirable)
Key skills and experience
* Experience working with senior decision makers
* Good communication/ interpersonal/ stakeholder management skills
* Proven documentation and writing skills
* Proven analytical background
* Superior excel skills
* Demonstrated experience in using SAP BPC, BW, ECC, Analysis for Office (AO) and Business
* Analytics for reporting in a large complex department/ organisation.
* Ability to run meetings and presentation skills
* Demonstrated experience in providing effective technical system reporting solutions to support strategic decision making.
* Prioritising work amongst many projects.
* Ensuring projects are completed and benefits are realised.
* Establishing relationships with stakeholders to develop trust and implement changes that meet user needs and satisfy business outcomes.
* Distil business needs to identify fit for purpose options among competing priorities.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's