Our client is a leading global cloud provider
Based in the CBD, close to transport our client offers a positive and engaged environment where you are provided autonomy and the ability to make decisions and see the results of your actions
About the role
This is a temporary position, expected to conclude about May 2020.
They are seeking to appoint a Manager, International Public Policy, Australia, due to an overseas transfer within the organisation.
The role will see you responsible to execute and manage key public policy issues - policy positions; engage with government officials; communicate with consultants and trade associations; and represent the company at conferences and meetings.
- Represent and advocate the company's policy positions on issues affecting the business and customers in Australia.
- Assess and communicate potential regulatory opportunities and threats, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and policy positions, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives.
- Facilitate high-level meetings between company executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, and industry association and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company's public policy priorities.
- Collaborate with business leaders, along with legal, tax, HR, finance, public relations, and other business partners to identify and address policy matters impacting the business.
- Identify, anticipate, and advise on political and legislative developments, risks, and opportunities in Australia impacting the business.
- Work closely with the global public policy teams on political and legislative developments in Australia and internationally.
- Managing the consultation process with key industry stakeholder groups
- Manage trade and market access activities
- Manage government relations and statutory requirements and the Independent Review of Performance
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline
- 6 + years in public policy across federal, state and local politics, including legislative and regulatory policy
- Experience working in exec level of government preferred
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to advocate, persuade and inform
- Proven capacity to effectively manage time and priorities
- Highly developed strategic communications and stakeholder relationships skills at all levels - internal, external, government
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders at the highest level
For a confidential chat, please call Karen on 02 8023 5607 or apply below