This role would suit someone with reinsurance skills or knowledge in group or retail life insurance products and will involve technical skills (liaising with tech developers on enhancements and supporting tech tasks), negotiating and managing day to day tasks with key reinsurers across all life insurance and product lines (direct, retail and group) and number crunching.
- Responsible for Claims Recoveries and Payments out for all life products.
- Negotiate non-complex Commercial Underwriting decisions and ex-gratia claims payments with reinsurers.
- Responsible for all reinsurance tools testing where the correct premiums are calculated and accurate claim recoveries are processed.
- Actively work with internal stakeholders to ensure administration and issues (Claims, Underwriting and New Business) are managed
- Strong professional relationships with key stakeholders, reinsurers, reinsurance brokers and internal corporate actuaries.
- Business process improvements and manage the reinsurance tool improvements
- Support the maintenance of the standard operating procedures.
- Participate as key SME expert in Life Insurance projects providing expertise and being the key point of contact with technology developers.
- Maintain existing Reinsurance treaties, negotiate terms and conditions.
- Provide key input into all of Internal/External Reinsurance Audits
- Build & manage effective systems for the identification, management and control of risks relating to reinsurance matters including emerging operational risks and reputational risks.
- Acting as centre of competence for all reinsurance contracts issues.
- Monitor contract wording trends and contract related reinsurance developments and provide guidance and communication as appropriate.
- Investigate the implementation of technology and other tool development including quality assurance to ensure effective reinsurance operations.
- Ensure that Reinsurance activity, mandatory documentation complies with statutory and corporate obligations and ethical standards (e.g product related collateral)
To be successful in this role you must have
- Experience in a similar role, reinsurance experience or Group/ retail product experience
- Strong Analytical, critical thinking and numerical skills
- Ability to prioritise and get the job done in a multi tasked, fast paced environment.
- Minimum tertiary qualified with knowledge of accounting practices
- Advanced IT software skills specifically Excel, SQL and MS Access, in addition to extensive knowledge of insurance systems
- Experience in <[if>FORMTEXTFinancial analysis to:
-interpret Reinsurance and insurance data competently
-identify trends and patterns
-develop neat and documented financial models that are easily understood <[if>
- Extensive experience in management reporting and understanding of core P&L business drivers.
- High level of business analytical skills.