Weave Youth & Community Services provide a range of services to socially excluded young people, women and families who live in the City of Sydney Local Government Area as well as the Maroubra/La Perouse, Woolloomooloo and Inner West regions. The head office (and where this position is located) is Waterloo.
We aim to ensure that:
- Children and young people are safe, supported and have access to educational opportunities.
- Young people who experience mental health issues can access appropriate care, have the peer support they need to manage their health and make meaning of their experience.
- Women and children are supported to live their lives in safety and free from violence.
- Communities are supported to make the changes they need to build community cohesion and capacity.
- Young people who have been involved with the criminal justice system are provided with practical and personal support to create positive pathways.
A particular focus of our work is providing opportunities for Indigenous young people who represent the largest group using our services.
Summary of Position:
The Accounts Officer is responsible for managing all accounts payable and receivable functions for the organisation. The role includes a broad range of responsibilities which includes record keeping, general ledger, budgets, processing weekly payments and providing remittance advices. This role would suit an individual, with a strong commitment to compliance and efficiency. This role needs someone who is comfortable doing the hands on work.
The position is responsible to the Finance Manager and works with senior management, staff, auditors as well as suppliers and volunteers. They will be welcomed into our dynamic and supportive team environment. We are looking for an accounts officer with experience in a similar role in a non-profit or small to medium business environment with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in finance.
Classification for this position is SCHADS Award Level 2 Paypoint 1-4 depending on qualifications and experience. Hourly rate range: $27.02 - $29.72 per hour plus significant salary packaging benefits.
**Please contact Patricia Vasquez on 9318 0539 for further information and to request a job description if you require one.
**Applications should include a current Resume and a document specifically responding to and outlining how you meet each of the Selection Criteria (these are listed in the job description document available on the Weave website)**
Closing Date for applications is Midnight on Friday 23 February 2018.