Reporting to: ICT Service Delivery Manager
Our client is looking to engage an experienced Ausio Visual Engineer to cover a staff member on long service leave until the 13th of April. The role is to provide technical support, assistance, training, maintenance in the use and operation of Audio Visual technical equipment. And also to act as a backup to the Information Technology Technicians in basic Information Technology support, assistance, and maintenance.
- Help desk support during Technical Centre open times to all users
- Liaise with Computer repair company, backup to technicians.
- Order Information Technology consumables
- Day to day management of all aspects of Clickview system, conversion, editing and distribution.
- Record, various television programs and documentaries from free to air and Foxtel.
- Copy, or arrange contract to copy, various educational resources, video, CD/DVD, and special formats.
- Demonstrate use of AV equipment
- Recommend, to various departments, future AV purchases
- Liaise and work with outside contractors for maintenance of AV equipment
- Archive recording of functions under the direction of the Management
- Equipment maintenance and event management, internal and external.
- Provide logistical support and advice on hire and purchase for performing arts equipment
- Provide technical support for various function set-ups for Assemblies, outside hirers and school functions held during the normal working hours.
- In discussion with the ICT Service Delivery Manager, provide technical support for various function set-ups for Assemblies, outside hirers and functions held outside normal working hours.
- Supervision of equipment used by students who provide tech support for events.
- Where directed via a Booking Form, produce an archive copy of school functions.
- Minor repairs and maintenance to AV equipment, internal.
- Provide Library with support for assessing the condition of AV equipment returned after use
- Maintenance, upkeep of all performing arts equipment
- Other tasks and duties as determined by the ICT Service Delivery Manager
Knowledge required for this position:
- Basic Electronics
- Understanding of workings of Audio Visual Equipment
- Knowledge of Theatre Lighting,
- Live Sound and Audio Production
- Understanding at a first level of knowledge of general ICT equipment.
- Knowledge of a network and how Information Technology runs
- Video editing and distribution technologies.
- Basic understating of copyright
Skills required for this position:
- Ability to adapt to technical challenges
- Good Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Basic Customer Service Skills
- Ability to prioritise in a busy environment
- Time Management skills
- Diagnosis & Troubleshooting skills
- Autonomous work ability
- Ability to work in a team
- Minimum qualifications of Associate Diploma – Arts / Theatre Technology
This role is availble to start in January 2018 so please apply now with a full CV. You must be open to completeing a Working with Childrens Check and have full working rights in Australia.