Our client is a high profile global Tech Giant. They offer a dynamic and high performing team environment.
3 days per week - initial 6-month contract to start around 1st July, 2020
Reporting into the ANZ Communications Lead, the role will see you become part of a communications team that is building awareness about how cloud technology is helping transform businesses and government services in New Zealand
The role includes the development of all fundamental communications tactics and driving local awareness of the business through proactive story ideation and generation, reputation and issues management, media event management, visibility of new services, internal communications, and speaker training. It also includes the identification of, and engagement with, local customers to tell their success stories to media.
- Drive company news and media relations activities locally in New Zealand
- Manage news-related business and feature press opportunities
- Develop and successfully manage relationships with key media, technology bloggers, and customers
- Work closely with agency partners to develop content for media, social media and internal communications
- Lead local launch events
- Identify and develop customer references for written success stories on digital platforms, use in media relations, and public speaking opportunities
- Align news-related social media activities with marketing
- Train, certify, and develop internal stakeholders, ensuring that they accurately represent the Amazon culture and technology to the public
- Build and maintain customer relationships to help drive awareness and business for the company
- Develop, track, and communicate PR utilisation goals and progress on customer references to local business development representatives and marketing teams within Australia and New Zealand
- Manage reputational issues and crises
- Strong relationships and extensive network of local media contacts
- 6+ years of PR experience required
- Experience working with customers and developing their stories
- Be comfortable with complex cloud and internet computing terminology
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with government, public policy, and regulatory teams
- Proven ability to craft compelling content, that sets the agenda
- A passion for technology is a definitely plus
Our client is looking for a creative, self-motivated and well-connected communications professional to join its communications team in New Zealand.
Apply now. Karen +61 406 384 054.