You will be responsible for the design and implementation of technical controls derived from the Cyber Security Policy and recommendation from other sources such as Penetration Tests, Vulnerability Assessments, etc. The role also supports identification of risks and monitors and reports on compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Accountable for High Level Design and Detail design of multiple projects to implement ACSC Essential 8 controls in the NSWTA network.
- Accountable for High Level Design and Detail design of Network Access Control (NAC) and 802.1x for wireless and wired networks.
- Responsible for configuration and troubleshooting of Firewalls, Switches and Routers, Proxy Servers, SSL VPN Concentrators, F5 Load balancers, etc.
- Provide input and help tune current policies for End Point Protection (EPP) and End Point Detection and Response (EDR) technologies.
- Support security investigations including review of security events from by Security Operations Center (SOC), Intrusion Detection Systems, Windows Auditing logs, etc., • Solid understanding of network, hardware, virtualisation (vSphere, Nutanix), operational software and applications as they relate to security policies, industry trends and business needs.
- Document and updated existing network diagrams as well as audit of current information. Responsible to correct when files do not reflect current status.
- Ensure compliance to current Cyber Security Policy.
- Undertake investigations and report on security breaches and events. Guide the refinement of practices and processes and reduce the likelihood and impact of security related incidents.
- Perform regular security reviews to identify ICT vulnerabilities and coordinate remedial action.
- Manage communication and reporting on security to compliance bodies and to inform stakeholder benefits statements.
- Lift current information security maturity level to comply with applicable policies and frameworks.
- Develop and maintain an active culture of security awareness within the organisation.
- Maintain currency and applicability of subject matter knowledge and the relevant legislative, statutory and policy requirements in order to provide high quality, timely advice within a diverse, dynamic environment.
Contact Ged Wilson for more information