Our client is a leading telecommunications provider. They see their people as vital to their success and have a high performance team culture. Staff can continually develop skills and experience due to the extensive training programmes available to all.
The Data Engineering Lead is responsible for owning technical solutions that assure quality and integrity of data throughout the data analysis lifecycle. The role will require using a broad range of techniques in programming, systems engineering, data wrangling, automation, quality control as well as stakeholder engagement, all with the ultimate goal of enabling effective and efficient data analysis and reporting.
The role is also responsible for understanding the stakeholder requirements and data issues within the broader organisation, incorporating this knowledge into the data engineering process and thereby delivering solutions that are agile while at the same time robust and scalable. Furthermore, the role requires engaging, consulting and leading senior and executive stakeholders in matters related to data integrity and data analysis.
The role is within the data development team, interacting with the data operational team as well as with the wider community of internal customers. This is a great opportunity if you have a strong technical foundation and commercial acumen to solve high impact data analysis problems and to work with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching of the latest tools and methods in data management, data flow automation, data wrangling, data quality and data analysis
- Owning the design, engineering and support of conceptual data structures and data flows that enable analysis and reporting
- Owning the design, engineering, development and support of technical solutions for data sourcing, data wrangling and data quality assurance
- Engaging, consulting and leading senior and executive stakeholders
- Driving the alignment of data engineering with the broader business strategy
- Driving the improvement of data and data integrity
- Managing third party vendor interaction
- Designing and developing models to predict issues and/or understanding complex relationships
- Developing ad-hoc reporting to ensure stakeholders are serviced in a timely fashion
- Consulting and educating senior and executive stakeholders through a business story-telling service using data, reporting, analysis & modelling
- Championing agility and responsiveness, while ensuring robustness and scalability of data structures
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following:
- Engineering degree in the field of Information, Technology and Telecommunications with at least 10 years of applied experience in complex enterprise roles, preferable in the Telecommunications industry
- 10 plus years experience analysing data across disparate sources
- Extensive experience engaging, consulting and leading senior and executive stakeholders
- 10 plus years developing analytical / statistical data models
- 10 plus years working with SQL and Transact SQL packages or ETL systems
- 10 years plus experience modelling data in a data mart or data warehouse environment
- 10 years plus experience maintaining enterprise grade data sets and volumes in the private and public sector
- 10 years plus experience working with data quality issues and remediation
- Strong SQL skills
- Demonstrated experiience in creating and maintaing conceptual, logical and physical data models based on industry standards
- Dashboard and reporting tools experience
- Experience managing vendors and external groups as inputs to the project
- Demonstrated experience in producing external, executive, and operational management reporting, visualisation and analysis to enable business to gain insights and drive action
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Please note that all short-listed candidates will be subject to ID, employment verification and national criminal record checking, along with drug and alcohol testing.
If you have the above skills required for this position please send you resume to: