Reporting to the Head of IT, the Desktop Technical Support Officer will provide technical assistance to their support offices as a primary objective and to support our user base including stores. You will help install, upgrade and troubleshoot hardware and software systems.
The Technical Support Officer is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the office environment as a primary task while also supporting the wider desktop fleet including stores and the various networks they run in.
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
- Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests
- Help create technical documentation and manuals
- Provide application support during core business hours and after hours as needed
- Participate in the on-call information technology department support responsibilities
- Support departmental procurement
- Responsible for the delivery of services within the SLAs and KPIs.
- Support Store Roles - Out Program of Work, including store Pop-up and Store-Refits
- Software Licenses, audit and report on usage needs.
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Knowledge of installing, configuring and administrating Microsoft desktop and Server operating systems as well Apple Mac/Devices within an Enterprise environment.