- Technical design, development, testing, documentation of Data Warehouse / ETL projects
- Perform data profiling and logical / physical data modelling to build new ETL designs and solutions
- Develop, implement and deploy ETL solutions to update data warehouse and datamarts
- Maintain quality control, document technical specs and unit testing to ensure accuracy and quality of BI data
- Troubleshoot, debug and diagnose ETL issues
- Have the ability to work with users, BI and Application teams to get ETL solutions developed and implemented
- Performance tuning and enhancement of SQL and ETL processes and prepare related technical documentation
- Meet with functional analysts and /or end users to gather/ clarify requirements as needed to complete BI/ DW projects
- Develop and enhance BI reports, models and Cubes and provide support as needed
- Keep abreast of latest ETL technologies and plan effective use
- Help build solutions pertaining to Predictive analytics and/or Big data
- Communicate very clearly and professionally with users, peers, and all levels of management. The communication forms include written and verbal methods
- Lead the team members to work with end users to resolve data refresh issues
- Provide ETL components for standard bid proposals and justify functional components in the proposed solution.
- More than 7 years in ETL:
- Expert knowledge of data warehouse architecture
- Expertise in dimensional modeling, star schema designs including best practices for use of indexes, partitioning, and data loading.
- Advanced experience in SQL, writing Stored procedures and tuning SQL
- Strong experience with Informatica Powercenter.
- Experience in trouble shooting data warehouse refresh issues and BI reports data validation with source systems.
- Independent problems solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact positively with peer groups within IT / BI teams and management.
- Open to learn and acquire new skills.
- Working knowledge in Informatica TDM and DQ
- Preferred experience with other ETL tools, like Talend
- Preferred experience in Tableau, SAS or other BI applications
- Preferred with experience in Big Data projects