Mainframe Analyst Programmer
|Job Title:||Mainframe Analyst Programmer|
|Salary:||$900 per day|
|Contact Name:||Andy Helsby|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2020 19:45|
COBOL / CICS
KEY TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Perform all duties required as part of the Life & Investments technology team on a day to day basis. This will include:
- Work closely with project managers, solution architects and business analysts to translate requirements into technical designs.
- Design and build services / flows to match business requirements using CICS/COBOL and agreed coding practices
- Write production quality executable code (including documentation) for user interfaces, business processes, domain objects etc.
- Validate code quality using walkthroughs, code reviews and writing unit tests.
- Development of application build and deployment of any scripts or configuration.
- Contributing across development teams to increase capability in tools, frameworks, experience, collaboration and strategy development.
- Ensure secure application design and development practices are followed.
- Defect fixing for existing applications where required.
- Working closely with other development teams to ensure service operational requirements are understood and implemented.
- Production incident and problem management.
- Ability to work independently and self-direct your work.
- Proactively seek new challenges and be able to upskill yourself in the newer technologies if needed.
- Being Client focused and able to communicate at a business level (you should be able discuss technical matters with non-technical people).
- Applying past development experience to assist the team and area generally to make long term technical improvements to applications.
- Applying and adhering to best practices with regards to system maintenance and configuration.
- On occasion, actively contribute to the reduction of the support backlog and improvement of incident trends over time, e.g. automate repetitive tasks, etc.
Committed to being part of a team.
Tertiary qualifications in IT or a related discipline.
4+ years? experience with programming and application design with the main focus on CICS/COBOL mainframe development.
Experience in Easytrieve and SQL an advantage.
Experience with Mule ESB platform or similar is highly desirable.
Salesforce (Visual Force and APEX) and Visual basic knowledge is desirable.
Java, Mule, Salesforce exposure is desirable.
Experience troubleshooting problems and capable of providing support when required
Experience working in a team in a Technology development environment using both agile and waterfall methodologies.
Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
Experience working in the Financial Services or Insurance industry is an advantage.
Integration experience an advantage.
Ability to implement solutions according to formal development methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile methodologies such as SCRUM.
A good understanding of interactions with Middleware workflow systems such as Mule ESB.
Logical and analytical with the ability to learn new systems quickly
Optional: experience delivering insurance products in a highly integrated environment.
Optional: DevOps build and configuration management experience
CICS/COBOL (main focus), Exposure to: Mule, Salesforce (Visual Force and APEX), Visual Basic, Staffware, SQL Server, DB2
Strong understanding of exception handling
Experience in writing and maintaining unit tests (or other frameworks)
Proficient with Mainframe development practices including use of Control-M, JCL, TSO/ISPF and FTP.
Experience working with multiple streams of development using software version control tools.
Optional: JIRA, Confluence