Our client is a leading infrastructure provider. They see their people as vital to their success and have a high-performance team culture. Staff can continually develop skills and experience due to the extensive training programmes available to all.
The Manager, Data Operations & Governance will be responsible for developing a data governance and data quality framework for a critical business unit where the need for accurate data is vital to the business objectives. As part of this, driving and prompting data quality awareness will be crucial and providing reliable reporting to management.
There will be significant focus data quality management and the associated ownership of a technical data environment that is robust, scalable and services the needs of data analysts and end-users. The role will manage an operational team and senior quality analysts in order to meet the objectives
This role is a 2 year fixed term contract, which includes holidays and sick leave
The role will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing a new data quality and data governance frameworks
- Leading a team of experienced data managers and quality analysis
- Managing executive stakeholders’ expectations and agreeing to governance and quality KPIs
- Developing data quality requirements & clarifying business definitions
- Providing data quality analysis of issues to stakeholders
- Providing a business story-telling service to the executive stakeholders
- Solving data quality issues/problems across the business including identification of data gaps and inconsistencies
- Ensure solutions developed are robust, scalable and align with the data governance and data quality frameworks
- Driving the improvement of data quality from source providers
- Sourcing data collection, analysis and overall data management
- Monitoring and assessment of operational output to ensure quality levels are maintained
- Provide oversight and direction for ongoing forecasting
- Driving data integrity and reporting quality
- Process optimisation - Developing new processes and methods to improve efficiencies.
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following:
- 7+ years’ experience in a data governance/data quality management/senior leadership role with demonstrated experience in leading an operations/quality teams with a collaborative leadership style across a number of data-driven projects in a complex enterprise or professional services firm
- 10+ years’ experience managing data quality issues across disparate sources
- 7+ years’ working with SQL and Transact SQL packages or ETL systems
- 5+ years’ experience modelling data in a data mart or data warehouse environment
- Degree qualifications in Engineering in the field of information, technology and telecommunications (desirable)
- Experience working in a large, complex environment, with a range of stakeholders, across multiple business units
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to comfortably deal at all levels including execs, with the ability to succinctly explaining complex concepts and to produce high-quality presentation material for external and/or executive consumption.
- Demonstrable experience in producing external, executive, and operational management reporting, visualisation and analysis to enable the business to gain insights and drive action.
- Experience in capturing requirements from senior stakeholders to drive development of fit-for-purpose reports and dashboards
- Telecommunications industry experience is not essential
- Outstanding time and project management skills
- Strong people and relationship skills to be able to interact professionally with a diverse group of vendors, managers, subject matter experts, stakeholders, technical and business staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note that all short-listed candidates will be subject to ID, employment verification and national criminal record checking, along with drug and alcohol testing.
02 8023 5664