Based in the CBD, close to transport our client offers a positive and engaged environment where you are provided autonomy and the ability to make decisions and see the results of your actions, with excellent work / life balance
About the role:
This is a newly created role that will seeing you working closely as a trusted adviser to the CEO, as well as the broader Communications Team, responsible for all media related activities, all media relationships and implementation of a proactive media relations program.
The position will focus on strategically managing issues and delivering responsive, high quality communication to strengthen the organisations reputation and stakeholder advocacy.
As part of the role you will monitor and report on all media and issues activity relevant to the organisation, fostering strong relationships with media contacts and government representatives. Providing internal media coaching to the executive team and driving innovative solutions and continuous improvement to public-facing communication will also be required.
- Planing and implementing media and communication strategies for the effective promotion of the organisation's reputation and achievements through various media channels.
- Managing ongoing regular schedule of meetings for the CEO and Board with editors, publishers and senior staff from various media outlets
- Strengthening the organisation's position as a thought leader in key areas
- Monitor national media for issues and stories of interest
- Identify high-impact issues and encourage established experts and emerging thought leaders across the business to engage with media.
- Facilitate the writing and placement of opinion and analysis pieces and provide media training support, where resources are available.
- Develop media policy and manage external media relations for the organisations
- Provide high-level media advice, as well as speeches and public statements for senior leaders and Board
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism or related areas
- 10 + years is issues management and media relations and/or journalism and proven expertise in media management
- Proven capacity to develop and manage media and broader communication strategies
- Extensive contacts with local media, with the ability to build effective ongoing and mutually beneficial relationships in this area
- Experience working with Government and or not for profit highly regarded
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders at the highest level
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated speech writing ability
For a confidential chat, please call Karen on 02 8023 5607 or apply below