A leading State Government Agency is seeking an experienced Occupational Physician Registrar to work on a Part Time basis for an initial 12 month contract.
In this position you would be responsible for performing Workers Compensation related file reviews, and providing evidence-based medical advice and recommendations in relation to the causation and/or treatment of complex medical issues. This role will also be supported by other medical professionals.
- Complete Workers Compensation file reviews
- Consult with relevant claims stakeholders to provide guidance and recommendations regarding medical issues to allow cases to progress to resolution. These stakeholders may include treating doctors and specialists, allied health providers, workers, employers and scheme agents
- Liaison between medical partners to resolve issues
- Provide medical advice and recommendations
- Provide medical support for Scheme Agent Injury Management Advisors / or similar to address case related matters
- Generate and share insights on medical trends as seen through Medical Support Panel referrals as well as cross-speciality learning
- Quality Assurance support in relation to medical examination reports and where necessary, liaising to drive quality customer outcomes
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:-
- Currently in stage B or C of the AFOEM training program
- Proven knowledge acquired through a range of experience in NSW Workers Compensation and Medicolegal assessments
- Experience in Musculoskeletal medicine and primary injury management preferred
- Acknowledged and credible leader amongst peers
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams
- Ability to utilise and support evidence based best practice guidelines
- Outstanding communication skills, simplifying complex medical terms to stakeholders, as well as influencing the medical and healthcare industry.
- Specialisation in the management of work-related disability
- Previous experience working within external regulatory frameworks
- Has significant autonomy in negotiating and determining matters
- Negotiate and influence on complex and highly sensitive matters from an informed position
- Sets the priorities for and allocates the resources on medical matters
- Applies critical analysis and conceptualisation of alternatives in the resolution of complex matters that have a substantial strategic impact for the organisation
Interested applicants please forward your resume to: