Program Manager - Decommissioning
|Job Title:||Program Manager - Decommissioning|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2020 10:15|
The role is responsible for delivering against the Authority’s Decommissioning Strategy and Business Case. The role will manage the end to end decommissioning program including the planning, governance, reporting, and performance for the Critical Communications Enhancement Program (CCEP).
The role is responsible for scope, time, budget and quality targets as defined in the business case and any subsequent authorised change requests. Advising the wider Program team comprised of the Authority, government agencies and private sector partner organisations to ensure decommissioning program outcomes are met according to the agreed budget, schedule and delivery methodology.
• Extensive telecommunications network decommissioning and asset management experience operating at an executive level;
• Experience of government funded contracts and reporting requirements;
• PMP or Prince 2 practitioner with experience in either in the public or private telecommunications sectors
• Demonstrable track record in telecoms network decommissioning performance;
• Experience in business process improvement;
• Experience in divestment of telecommunications property and site acquisition processes would be an advantage.
• Mastery of presentation tools such as Microsoft Office, Power BI or Tableau.
• Experience in managing, tracking, large number of infrastructure and equipment assets.
• Strong understanding of program management software.
• Experience in Divestment of Government owned assets and telecommunications property.
• Extensive understanding of P25 mission critical radio technology
• Qualification in PMP, Prince2 Program or Project Practitioner level
• Overall functional authority for all activities attributed to decommissioning, within the limits set out in the Decommissioning Strategy and by the Director, Major Programs;
• Accountable for ensuring program benefits realisation occur including the successful delivery of decommissioning of government assets within the shortest timescales.
• Accountable for inputs to the next Business Case for government asset decommissioning including program benefits realisation
• Prepare executive level reporting, presentations and dashboards for the programs of work below the decommissioning banner.
• Provide regular, accurate and quality reporting on behalf of the Executive team to advisory boards, government agencies and partner organisations of the various programs performance against objectives, financial outcomes and anticipated benefits.
• Report on programs to ensure identification and timely resolution of escalated program level issues and management of program issues and risks.
• Network with industry decommissioning experts to drive innovation and best practiceLeverage operational metrics from multiple sources and develop related communications that are needed to provide executive visibility and to maximize decision-making.
• Monitor Program operations within relevant compliance frameworks including safety, risk management, change control and quality management.
• Build influential relationships with the Executive, government agencies and private sector partner organisations on program related matters to ensure they are appropriately briefed, and their concerns are addressed.
• Drive innovation and deliver high quality service and cost savings without compromising output quality
• Participate in industry decommissioning work groups and develop relationships with other complimentary service providers.
• Direct the overall resourcing and staffing of the Decommissioning project team in alignment with Director, Major Programs.
• Provide proactive and visible HS&E leadership
• Demonstrate safety leadership through positive behaviour and actions.
• Display commitment to risk assessment process and applying it to Decommissioning.
• Ensure timely and accurate investigation and reporting of safety incidents.
• Innovating to address complex technical, financial, economic, political and stakeholder challenges.
• Creating a single source of information on the program that will enable timely responses to questions from senior stakeholders and improve the customer experience provides with professional, accurate and trusted reports and program documentation.
• Receiving and interrogating multiple updates and data outputs from the various program teams and ensure high quality consistent reporting is maintained throughout reporting cycles and ad-hoc requests received.
• Requirement to familiarise quickly with the major programs governance and reporting structures and obligations to ensure early contribution to the deliverables.
• Requirement to engage with cross functional groups/partners in high profile and challenging delivery environment, to achieve timely and desired outcomes.
• 10 Years project delivery experience in radio/mobile network design, build and decommissioning.
• Demonstrated experience working in similar program/project environment managing and driving people and outcomes in a challenging stakeholder landscape.
• Desired previous experience working in Government sector.
If this role is of your interest please do apply or call Andy on 0422015130