Our client is a global infrastructure provider with an impressive list of top tier clients and opportunities for career growth.
Based in the CBD, close to transport, the team is stable and high performing
Reporting to the Head of Project Procurement, the role will see you procure a range of goods and services for high profile construction projects.
The role will see you responsible for sourcing or execution of components, materials, products or services. You will manage suppliers and work with other organisations to ensure that the material or service meets quality, technology, supply and cost criteria. You will be the main procurement interface for the customer during project tender and delivery phase
- Monitor supplier performance and creates development plans.
- Negotiate the prices.
- Create sub commodity strategy and/or implementation
- Develop and manage supplier relationships.
- Provide technical leadership for staff and work teams
- Negotiate and manage subcontract agreements
- Develop and document contract Statement of Works, including scope, service levels and all relevant commercial terms and conditions.
- Lead commercial governance with all suppliers/subcontractors, resolving commercial issues and disputes.
- Drive procurement needs in the project by setting schedules and communicating requirements to relevant parties
- Implement and execute Category Strategies
- Manage project requirements regarding material and service supplier base
- Contribute to supplier selection including collecting input from Project (related to local categories)
- Contributes to supplier relationship management for respective projects in alignment & cooperation with key stakeholders
- Escalation point re day-to-day issues on supplier performance in projects
- Provides local market and project-specific input to Category Managers for category strategy definition and supplier performance
- Relevant degree qualifications highly regarded
- At least 8 years of experience in Procurement - both direct and indirect, with experience in telecommunications, construction, energy highly regarded
- Contract management skills is a must
- Demonstrable knowledge around project business, with Project management skills, as well as supplier market
- Top-notch negotiation skills, with the ability to creatively construct effective deals
- Knowledge of a service business
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a cost and solution focus
Please apply below. Karen 0406 384 054