Our client is a leading telecommunications provider. They see their people as vital to their success and have a high performance team culture. Staff can continually develop skills and experience due to the extensive training programmes available to all.
Currently they are looking for a Regulatory Affairs Advisor to be responsible for providing a range of technical communication and competition regulatory analysis advice and support services under the direction and guidance of the GM.
The role will see you provide support in a range of areas, based on a sound understanding of the regulatory regime as it is evolving; and of the company's objectives and the environment in which it is operating. It will focus identifying, analysing and advising on the impact of the company's regulatory obligations, particularly those that have an impact on their technical activities (including radio frequency spectrum use), or on its involvement with the Australian Communications and Media Authority, Communications Alliance and the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.
Duties will include:
- Identifying and analysing regulatory issues - prepare and deliver draft advice, reports and summaries to senior team members.
- Provide technical advice and subject matter expertise and guidance to internal and external stakeholders on regulatory issues as required
- Assist in the development and delivery of guidance, policies, processes, guidelines, tools and training aimed at raising awareness and understanding of the regulatory regime and company objectives and obligations under that regime
- Assist to monitor and maintain compliance where appropriate with standards, frameworks, policies, procedures and controls that effectively govern regulatory compliance.
- At least 3 years demonstrated regulatory experience, preferably from a telecommunications operator or perhaps Law Firm, specialising in telecommunications
- Proven understanding of the telecommunications industry and the regulatory environment.
- Legal degree desirable
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues concisely and clearly, including some drafting
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Please note that all short-listed candidates will be subject to ID, employment verification and national criminal record checking, along with drug and alcohol testing.