- We are looking for an experienced Technical Specialist / RF Engineer to join our large enterprise telecommunications client in Brisbane's inner suburbs. This is a role will primarily focus on the Planning, Integration, Optimisation and Performance Management of the client's 3G/4G/5G Mobile Radio Access Network.
- Large enterprise telecommunications organisation
- Mobile network radio optimization team
- Daily Rates | Start ASAP | Based in Cannon Hill
This role primarily focuses on the Planning, Integration, Optimisation and Performance Management of the client's 3G/4G/5G Mobile Radio Access Network. Technical Specialist is required to lead technical projects, introduce new features, explore new technologies and provide high level of technical support to other team members.
Key responsibilities also include managing large scale network optimisation initiatives, trial implementation and contribution as Subject Matter Expert to the National ANPQ department for processes standardisation.
About the Role
Key accountabilities for this job role and requirements a job applicant should be able to satisfy include:
- Manage the performance of state 3G/4G/5G mobile networks ensuring that radio KPIs are met.
- Responsible for State/Area level Network Performance KPIs. Produce quarterly Area Engineer Performance Reviews with results and plans including monthly updates to Team Leader.
- Participate in Special Event capacity planning that includes performance monitoring and field testing to ensure Performance KPI Targets are met.
- Monitor network performance, user experience and worst performing cells to identify the cause of problem (e.g. Capacity upgrades for Transmission, Channel Elements, Carrier addition and new sites etc.). Conduct feature and parameter trials with input and assistance from ANPQ National team.
- Support Service Management team in resolving customer complaints that include Public & Corporate Inbuilding/Repeater solutions.
- Assist with new product testing and integration into the production network; raise any faults for resolution prior to deployment.
- Conduct Network Planning & Design reviews by identifying requirements for new base station infrastructure or network re-arrangements (i.e. new sites, sector adds, 4G/5G technology overlays etc.) with regards to network performance enhancements.
- To provide support for network rollout programs by planning, integration and optimisation of new sites.
- Further detail on position description provided upon application
- A minimum of 7 years Radio Access Network (RAN) experience in Mobile Telecommunications Industry encompassing WCDMA, LTE network technologies.
- Good understanding of 5G/NR Network principals and network evolution
- Extensive understanding of network performance metrics, counters and KPIs.
- Experience with NSN and/or Huawei RAN equipment, features and algorithms.
- In depth experience with Drive Testing Tools (TEMS, NEMO etc.), Post Processing Software (ActixOne), MapInfo, CovMo, RF Planning Tools (Asset, Atoll etc.) and OSS Platforms (M2000, NetAct).
- Experience in Inbuilding system design and solutions.
- Understanding of Australian Telecommunications Regulatory standards i.e. Australian Communications Management Authority (ACMA), Mobile Carriers Forum (MCF) and Electro Magnetic Emissions (EME) compliance.
- Detailed understanding of WCDMA, LTE and 5G/NR mobile network technologies including system interworking.
- Understanding of future wireless technology advancements.
- Effective coaching and mentoring of team members.
- Demonstration of initiatives in network planning and optimisation.
- Safe Working at Heights (SWAH) Certification.
- A tertiary qualification (Degree) in Telecommunications Engineering (or related Engineering discipline) or equivalent is strongly recommended.
- Australian Driver's licence.
RF Engineer / Technical Specialist
|Job Title:||RF Engineer / Technical Specialist|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2020 16:15|