A leading global professional services firm, providing audit, tax and risk advisory services. They offer a dynamic and close knit team environment, with challenging and rewarding careers and excellent opportunity for career progression based on performance.
The Risk Advisory Practice helps clients identify, manage and elevate their preparedness for risk, driving the risk agenda across key areas of the Australian economy.
The team works with clients to offer insights and perspective on pivotal issues that impact risk across information technology, fraud protection, bribery and corruption, workplace health and safety, business continuity management, security and resilience, project risk, analytics, contract risk, major capital projects and more.
You will be dealing regularly with executives from leading organisations as well as have the chance to really shine and be rewarded for your efforts.
This role will see you responsible for validating and analysing electronic client data in accordance with certain risk profiles. The analysis is typically completed using SQL server scripting. It is required to perform data interrogation services in order to identify suspicious and fraudulent transactions. This assists in identifying 'red flags' or anomalies that may not otherwise be detected through standard procedures and reviews of paper audit trails.
Focusing on the biggest risks to organisations, you will be part of a team that brings skills in data sourcing, analytics methods and tools and visual communication. You will work with clients and Partners across Risk Services and the firm to deal with a range of current and emerging risk related issues that may include Risk transformation, Regulatory issues, Financial Crime, Contract Risk, Safety, Project Assurance and Internal Audit Analytics.
- Assist with the specification of the scope of work, detailing the nature of the data analytics for the engagement
- Receive electronic data from the client ensuring it is in a database friendly format; validate the data received ensuring it is in accordance with that required to complete the analysis (as per the scope of work); load the data into the analysis database
- Format and clean the data ready for the analysis
- Run the required analysis tests
- Analyse the test results filtering out 'false positives' and validating potential exceptions with the client
- Assist with the preparation of the final report and client presentation / interaction
To be successful in the role you must be:
- A passionate data analytics professional, with excellent communication and client facing skills.
- A highly motivated self-starter, with the ability to develop influential and cohesive relationships at all levels.
- Degree qualified in computer science or computer engineering or finance/ commerce (IT major) or equivalent degree
- Knowledgeable re basic financial concepts (especially basic accounting)
- Able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of transact SQL at a scripting level (fluent). Must be able to accurately join and consolidate disparate data sets
- Programming knowledge of Excel, including VBA would be advantageous
- Able to demonstrate good presentations skills in terms of clearly understandable English supported by high quality written capabilities
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the 'Big 4' professional services firms. You will be provided with a stimulating career with ongoing professional development and support.
Please send your CV via the apply button, or to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential chat, please call Karen Aldrich on 02 8023 5607