My client a leader in telecommunications is seeking an SME to drive on premise Data Centre standardization and integration with public cloud.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for driving on premise Data Centre standardization and integration with public cloud provisioning and management systems.
The responsibilities will include:
- Drive on premise data center standardization and integration with public cloud provisioning and management systems.
- Design solutions inline with microservices architecture.
- Automation Systems design.
- Enable automation and fast, scalable deployment.
- Create on premise data center initiatives to drive optimization, automation and efficiency.
- Drive SDN strategy to virtualize network provisioning functions.
- Support the delivery of hybrid data centre infrastructure and technology.
- Act as a Subject Matter expert and proactively share knowledge and experience in conjunction with leading the solution integration.
- The role requires strong customer management skills and focus on delivering to or exceeding customer's expectations.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Tertiary qualifications in IT related discipline
- 7+ years experience in developing and customizing complex infrastructure solutions
- Excellent on premise Data Centre Infrastructure engineering experience.
- Proven experience across compute, virtualization, load balancers, and network protocols.
- Proven experience in scripting and programming in:Java,C#, Perl, Bash, Python or Powershell.
- Experience using Agile project methodology
- Proven success deploying on premise infrastructure technology into virtualization platform.
- Proven experience with AWS and Azure Cloud Services
- VMware, vSphere or Vrealize experience
- Strong Linux and Microsoft domain knowledge with relevant certification.
- 5+ years experience in full IT lifecylce experience
- Experience working in a combination of in source and outsourced IT environment
- experience with software development methodologies including CI/CD
- Proven experience in developing IT road maps
- Large project management and delivery
- Demonstrated coaching experience
If this role is of interest please send your resume to Rachel at email@example.com or call 02 8023 5610 for a confidential discussion.