Our client is a leading telecommunications provider. They see their people as vital to their success and have a high performance team culture. Staff can continually develop skills and experience due to the extensive training programmes available to all.
Team - Strategy & Planning function - responsible for strategic plans, programs of work and initiatives supported by Network and Operations.
Lead complex strategic planning activities - strategy definition, alignment and direction towards achieving corporate objectives in, Technology, People, Process, Automation, Workforce, Service, Outsourcing and Customer.
Corporate annual and quarterly planning- timelines, process and ensuring annual Ops Planning (IOP) is aligned with Budget, and the Strategic Plan to strategic objectives, assets, operational capabilities and financials.
Industry engagement and insights
Lead and manage areas of the delivery of the strategic plan
- Prepare reports and materials for the production of the Integrated Operating Plan, annual operating plan and long term strategic plan, including communication to stakeholders.
- Stakeholder management across the business to for integrity of commentary and analysis
- identifying, defining and delivering innovative solutions that ensure measurable returns in business value
- Business planning process to ensure that the business is aligned behind the strategy.
- Financial modelling and decision support.
- Manage production of high quality word documents, briefing notes and presentations for Executive team, Board and Shareholders.
- Confidently present findings and recommendations to senior management and Executive Committee members to enable an informed decision to be made.
- Identify specific risks and opportunities for the business, covering network trade-offs, rollout options, Capex, Opex and Revenues.
- Development of an annual Integrated Operating Plan across to manage opex and capex spend
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following:
- At least 8 years' experience in strategic planning, capacity building and project management methodologies
- At least 3 years' management consulting experience or solid experience in constructing and managing the development of complex financial investment modelling
- Degree qualifications in Commerce, Engineering, Technology, Law or Communications highly regarded, with an MBA / Masters preferred
- Solid background in strategy development with at least 8 years experience in corporate or business strategy roles in telecommunications
- Advanced management accounting and forecasting skills capable of developing an integrated Capex and Opex operational plan
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills with the ability to frame complex problems and identify key issues
- Experience working in a large, complex environment, with a range of stakeholders, across multiple business units
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to comfortably deal at all levels including execs, with the ability to succinctly explaining complex concepts and to produce high quality presentation material for external and/or executive consumption.
- Demonstrable experience in producing external, executive, and operational management reporting, visualisation and analysis to enable business to gain insights and drive action.
- Experience in capturing requirements from senior stakeholders to drive development of fit-for-purpose reports and dashboards
- Telecommunications industry experience is ideal but not essential
- Outstanding time and project management skills
- Strong people and relationship skills to be able to interact professionally with a diverse group of vendors, managers, subject matter experts, stakeholders, technical and business staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A great opportunity for someone to learn and grow their career within a dynamic and changing environment.
Please note that all short-listed candidates will be subject to ID, employment verification and national criminal record checking, along with drug and alcohol testing.
02 8023 5607