- Join a thriving team & make an impact
- Surry Hills location
- Work with live data
- Learn new skills and work for a cutting edge organisation
What will you be doing?
As a Software Engineer you will be back-end focused and responsible for working in a cross functional team with the ability to switch from team to team with ease and not get confused in the process! This is a fast paced environment where you will learn new skills along the way delivering high quality, usable, robust, reliable and scalable platform into production.
- Developing the platform and back end services in a maintainable and scalable way, utilising cloud infrastructure
- Ensuring continuous improvement and development, keeping up with and leveraging new breakthroughs and advances in technology
- Contributing to a cohesive, diverse and high-performing team that is genuinely inclusive and gender-balanced
- Establishing good internal and external relationships, and working collaboratively with key stakeholders across the company to deliver the product
- Be flexible, we need people who will do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Working with the team to implement and adhere to engineering best practices such as configuration management, continuous integration, continuous deployment etc
- Work closely with the Data science team to implement and release Data Analytics and models to production
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A strong track record (min 3 years’ experience) of software development with a focus on back end development and / or data driven systems
- You will have a sound understanding of building enterprise quality systems which are usable, reliable, robust and scalable including experience in Git or other version control systems
- Strong problem solving skills with a demonstrated understanding of algorithmic efficiency, distributed systems and coding for scalability and operability.
- Experience with the following: development and deployment of robust cloud based systems, systems based on complex data, understanding of geospatial data non-structured data storage systems.
- Interest in IoT technology and data analytics in use in production level systems
- Experience with and an understanding of multiple technologies and languages such as: .NET, C#, Python, SQL and NoSQL databases and a willingness to learn new languages and technology.
- Experience with public cloud offerings such as Azure etc
- DevOps experience is desirable, but mostly interest on professional development in the DevOps area
If you are a creative and natural collaborator and you thrive on solving problems with digital technology we want to hear from you! Please send your CV and successful applicants will be contacted.