Purpose of Role
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the maintenance, installation, availability and security of the ICT network, supporting the management of infrastructure and associated services across the organisation.
- Microsoft Teams
- Office 365 Administration
- Networks Admin
- Storage as a Service
- Monitor and maintain server and network infrastructure to ensure maximum availability throughout office locations including physical, cloud and virtual services.
- Maintain Active Directory, Exchange Online, Office 365 including SharePoint.
- Administer and manage web domains and DNS records including ensuring they are renewed and managed accurately.
- Allocate desktop and portable hardware, as well as software and mobile telephony and related device and services.
- Work with internal programs and managers to propose, agree and deliver applicable infrastructure and/or services to support organisational operations.
- Provide regular reporting as required on system function, network security, backup schedule and hardware health checks
- Liaise and work with external IT support companies on system management issues and resolutions in a transparent manner, ensuring accurate records are maintained.
- Attend to internal IT Help Desk requests in a timely and equitable manner keeping a record in the internal system of all actions taken and communicating these to other team members.
- Source and make recommendations on hardware replacement and purchase by way of arranging competitive quotes and creating scopes for identified requirements.
- Maintain accurate logs and records of all services in use, such as mobile phone sim cards and their location, portable devices such as laptops and tablets.
- Support the Administration Team Leader and Finance Team on asset management and barcoding.
- Develop relevant policies, procedures and guides for internal use and support staff in their use and deployment including security policies and procedures.
- Deliver ICT information, training, inductions and bulletins to staff members.
- Maintain contemporary knowledge of and research new, applicable technologies and provide recommendations to support and contribute to the IT/IM strategic directions of the business.
- Act as secretarial for team meetings.
- Additional duties as required.
Contact Ged Wilson for more information