Our client is a leading life insurance provider based in North Sydney
Our client is undertaking a large merger of 2 well known brands. This role is sitting within the integration team, surrounded by change and project teams that are delivering the integration of the retail life insurance transition.
As part of their Retail and Direct Change Management Team, the role of the L&D Consultant/ Technical Writer will see you responsible for developing training plans. solutions and materials to support end to end business readiness.
The role is a blend of instructional/ training solution design, material development and documentation production, as well as delivery. You will work with technical specialists, change teams and business stakeholders to understand learning needs and design required training strategies and pathways for a variety of learners.
- Develop comprehensive online help articles and training material
- Translate complex concepts and technical information into simple-to-understand, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience and sets them up for success
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand the training and documentation requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organise, and write concept explanatory articles, How To guides, training material, and process documentation
- At least 7 years of experience in Learning and Development, delivering significant blended L&D solutions, with a proven ability to assess and embed learning
- Proven experience in system implementations and large scale business change, within financial services
- Experience as an Instructional Designer
- Tertiary qualifications in Adult Education, Organisational Development or related
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Life Insurance highly regarded
- Previous experience writing online help and other externally-facing documentation and for non-technical and technical audiences
- A proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex concepts and topics and then take those complex concepts and information, and translate it into easy to read and engaging content to non-technical users.
- Demonstrative ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye on prioritisation.