- Must have a Bachelors degree
- Immediately Available
- Must have Operations Level experience with Fulfillment Centres
As an Operations Manager, you’ll deliver inspiring, supportive leadership for the teams you manage. But at the same time, you don’t shy away from rolling up your sleeves and getting involved whenever necessary.
You’ll be directly responsible for managing a team of Area Managers and their direct reports: meanwhile, you will report to the Senior Operations Manager of your Fulfillment Center. The quality of your leadership is key to success in this role: you’ll motivate and inspire your teams to do their best work, while planning schedules and activities that balance their needs with that of the business.
Your responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Maintaining Health and Safety standards within your remit area, while promoting an inspiring Health and Safety culture on-site,
- Become a subject matter expert on specific, larger-scale processes and activities within FCs, such as 5S audits,
- In your inventory control and systems environment, you’ll manage timely data collection, updating operations metrics on an hourly basis,
- Therefore, you’ll aim to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and ensure an excellent customer experience,
- Implement process change and contribute in cross-functional Six Sigma initiatives within your site
- Possess a degree from an accredited institution,
- Previous experience in leading large, diverse teams,
- You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
- You’re competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track record in a similar, fast-paced logistics, distribution or manufacturing environment,
- You possess the ability to manage details, establish and carry out root cause analysis, and then extract and analyse the data you generate
- Ideally degree qualified in Engineering or a Supply Chain/Logistics/ Manufacturing related discipline or MBA graduate.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.