To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
This role will see you support a Site Leader a variety of duties.
Key facts about your new role:
- Looking for an assistant Warehouse Shift Manager who can be the 2IC in overseeing and motivating 80-120 people
- 4 days a week, 10 hours - could include various Saturday shift
- Fulfillment Centre shift work
- Moorebank location
- 6 week contract with potential to extend or go perm
- Start date: 7th May
A candidate with prior floor operations experience is an ideal fit, as this role will require you to lean into your experiences on how to effectively manage and lead where and when required.
You and your team of staff are responsible for getting customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs.
Your new job will see you:
- Support all safety programs and compliance to ensure a safe work environment
- Develop performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
- Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
- Build and execute productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Managers to balance labour
- Lead and develop a team
- Communicate policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
- Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
- Flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees’ performance.
- You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- You have over 3 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production, retail or distribution environment.
- You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
- You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
- You are ready to grow!
Sound like you?
Apply now with your CV in word format